Wednesday, December 23, 2009

clinquant: /kling-kuhnt/

–adjective
1. glittering, esp. with tinsel; decked with garish finery.


–noun
2. imitation gold leaf; tinsel; false glitter.


how to use in casual conversation:

"if i see one more clinquant covered conifer i'm going to puke"

not to be confused with:

col. klink

how it makes me feel:

i'm not sure what i can tell you about this one. here's what i can tell you:
  1. there is such a thing as drinking too much hot chocolate.
  2. i know it's christmas but that doesnt make it ok to pub crawl in a santa hat.
  3. i promised my mom i wouldn't open that package until christmas, but i knew there was a jacket in it and my other one was starting to smell.
  4. i am one of those damned-pussy liberals who is trying to steal christmas from jesus and hand it over to al qaeda
also:
  • i neglected to post yesterday and i am sorry.
  • my work is offering me a free vacation from tomorrow until the 4th. actually, it isn't free - they aren't paying me for it. actually it isn't vacation either as i had no choice but to take it. which is why it was that much more entertaining when that d-bag facility manager sent an email to everyone who works here referring to it as "a well deserved break".
  • my new years resolution is to not make any.
  • i'm taking some time off from the blog. i'll be back sometime next year.

so what i'm trying to say is:

happy holidays. (not merry christmas). take care. be safe. or don't.

1 comment:

  1. HO-GAN!!!!

    Everything I know about Germans I learned from watching Hogan's Heroes.

    Well, almost everything.

    ReplyDelete