Thursday, December 3, 2009

roborant: /rob-er-uhnt/

adjective
1. strengthening
.
noun
2. a tonic.


how to use in casual conversation:

"i refuse to treat red bull like it's some kind of magical roborant"
"the manner with which willy minces about while selling his real change papers has a roborant effect on my early morning psyche"

not to be confused with:

robosapien

how it makes me feel:

this is actually an amazing WOTD. here's why:
  1. the robo- prefix.
  2. it sounds like a diatribe from an incensed automaton.
  3. the definition is remarkably unlike what you would assume from it's name.
  4. it gave me an opportunity to take pot shots at someone though ultimately i opted out of doing so. it would have been entertaining but i'm way past doing such things. however, the things i came up with in my head made me laugh and i attribute said laughing to the word. and the fact that this person is a jerk.

1 comment: