Tuesday, January 5, 2010

atelier: /at-l-yey/

a workshop or studio, esp. of an artist, artisan, or designer

how to use in casual conversation:

"i spend so much time in this bar, it's practically become my atelier of drunkenness"

not to be confused with:

ateliosis

how it makes me feel:

happy new year! remember when i said i'd be back on the 4th? yeah. i kinda lied. i didn't want to lie but as it turns out i did. after my forced 12 day vacation from work i decided that the best way to deal with having a job i hate is to actually try to do my job. made the day go by soooo fast. i was busily toiling in my atelier (laboratory), adding chemicals to each other and watching them change color which kept me away from my other atelier (cubicle) where i craft these sweet sweet words you're reading right now. back to new years - here is my list of resolutions:

1. take no guff

i've made it a point to tell everyone, especially people i work with. they're kind of sick of hearing it but i don't care. because my atelier (laboratory) is not my own personal atelier (laboratory) and i am not taking any guff from anybody thinking my atelier (laboratory) is their own personal atelier (laboratory). but either way, 2010 will be guff-less. many have said, "hey pony, doesn't that mean that you should also refrain from guff-giving?" perhaps, but in the process of not taking any guff i will undoubtedly dole some out. it's up to the guffee not the guffer to decide if the guff will be received or refused. kinda like UPS. they bring the guff. you either sign for the guff or you don't. this year i refuse to use the stylus of resignation upon the electronic clipboard of life. (my name is pony. P-O-N-Y.)

No comments:

Post a Comment