Tuesday, December 15, 2009

appellation: /ap-uh-ley-shuhn/

1. The word by which a particular person or thing is called and known
2. The act of naming.

how to use in casual conversation:

"and in a grand act of appellation, i dubbed myself 'asshole' so that there wouldn't be any further ambiguity"

not to be confused with:

appalachia

how it makes me feel:

i like it. 5 syllables, solid definition, nice phonetics. plus, much like a neologism, appellation definitely has a place in my life at this current juncture. i mean people throw words like 'asshole' around a lot these days. has anyone ever considered what it would take to be an actual 'asshole' besides being a dual set of muscular rings through which poo is passed? i'm serious here. because it's one thing to feel like an asshole, another to act like one. but to actually be an asshole.... that's tough. yet i have repeatedly been dubbed with the appellation 'asshole', from both external and internal stakeholders, such that i no longer have a choice but to believe that it is in fact true. i will soon update my blogger profile to reflect this. thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're an asshole..and I'm a Mom, so I would know. I think you're just sometimes misunderstood. That's all. But I do like this word. Makes me think of back-woods kinda people. Dunno why.

    ReplyDelete