Thursday, October 29, 2009

stentorian: /sten-tawr-ee-uhn/

very loud or powerful in sound

how to use in casual conversation:

"the normally peaceful roadway ground to a standstill when the stentorian rage of the construction crane was transformed from it's normally vertical silence to a horizontal roar."

not to be confused with:

the centurions

how it makes me feel:

this is a great WOTD. it's got fortitude....stentorian. damn. d'you see that? word damn near knocked me over. i mean that doesn't say a lot because most days a stiff breeze will knock me over if i don't brace myself...but yeah. stentorian. i feel manly just saying it. this word actually makes my testicles feel bigger. i mean, i'm sorry if i'm getting a little graphic on you but if i say stentorian one more time i won't be able to walk. i'll be stuck in my cubicle chair, only able to rotate around in circles, anchored by the marblebag as if i was made up of dark matter. i'll have to ask someone to go to the breakroom and bring me my lunch bag so i can make my tofurky sandwich at my desk. i'll have to rig up some kind of clandestine catheter system and hope the swelling goes down enough by 4:30pm that i won't have to actually pick them up and carry them in both hands all the way to the bus stop. that would be just plain embarrassing.

1 comment: