Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WORD OFF!!!

this week's battle:

gaucherie:


1 : lack of social grace, sensitivity, or acuteness; awkwardness; crudeness; tactlessness.
2 : an act, movement, etc., that is socially graceless, awkward, or tactless.

vs.

pabulum:

1 : food; especially : a suspension or solution of nutrients in a state suitable for absorption
2 : intellectual sustenance
3 : something (as writing or speech) that is insipid, simplistic, or bland


last week's word winner:




i voted for popinjay. but apparently 54% of you have another opinion on the matter. speaking for myself, eldritch sounded a little too 'lord of the rings'.


1 comment:

  1. I voted for popinjay too, only because it makes me think of that chubby white blob of a doughboy for Pillsbury. Hee-hee-hee! (that's his laugh). I hate that my word didn't win. I won't tell which one I voted for this week because I don't want to jinx it. (Chelsea's mom - who can't seem to get this page to allow me to use my name)

    ReplyDelete